Bioinspired and Biomimetic Materials
Bioinspired materials are synthetic materials whose function, properties and structure mimic those of natural materials.These bioinspired design concepts are rapidly integrated into many applications.They are used in wide range of materials and devices intended for medical, industrial, consumer, military and energy sectors. Light harvesting photonic materials that mimic photosynthesis, camera lenses inspired by compound eyes of insects etc,. is one of the examples of the bioinspired materials.
- Track 1-1 Tissue Engineering
- Track 2-2 Biomimetic mineralization
- Track 3-3 Extracellular matrix proteins
- Track 4-4 Biomimetic artificial muscles
- Track 5-5 Artificial enzyme
- Track 6-6 Biomimetic photonic structures